It’s way past time I updated this page……..Gear for me is still going through a process of evolution, I’m inquisitive by nature and therefore whilst I’m happy to read online reviews and user reports there is nothing quite like experimenting for yourself. It’s reasonable to say I really enjoy using vintage glass on my M cameras.
I’ve listed below the digital and film gear I’m currently using, I may even add to this page Cameras and Lenses that I’m considering.
Leica M Monochrom
Only a couple of weeks in with this, after a slow start I’m beginning to see the promise! More to follow…..My first post with this camera – HERE
Pushing the M Monochrom ISO a little further……full post – HERE
Despite the release of the M240 and the shortcomings of the M9 I’m sticking with this for the foreseeable future, we all see files from cameras differently and I’m in the camp that prefer the CCD sensor over CMOS.
This M6 Classic has been the film camera in my bag since I bought it.
The M5 really took me by surprise, I was offered what I’ve since referred to as a “Leica Legacy”, a deceased photographers entire set of Leica gear, too much to mention here. My main interest in this set was the sought after 35mm Summicron f/2 V1, however once I handled the M5 that was also included it won me over immidiately and became part of my gear.
The M3 is regarded by many as the finest film camera ever produced. This camera is becoming a firm favorite as my shift to film intensifies.
M Mount Lenses
- 21mm Voigtlander f/1.8 Ultron
- 35mm Leica Summicron f/2 ASPH
- 35mm Leica Summicron f/2 Version 1
- 35mm Leica Summilux f/1.4 ASPH (FLE)
- 35mm Nokton f/1.2 Asph MkII
- 40mm Voigtlander Nokton f/1.4 (MC)
- 50mm Leica Elmar f/2.8
- 50mm Leica Summilux f/1.4 ASPH (FLE)
- 50mm Leica Summicron f/2 Rigid Type II
- 50mm Zeiss C Sonnar T f/1.5 ZM
- 50mm Voigtlander Nokton f/1.1
- 50mm Voigtlander Nokton f/1.5 M Asph – Chrome
- 75mm Voigtlander Heliar f/1.8
- 90mm Summicron f/2
- 90mm Leica Elmarit f/2.8
- 135mm Leica Leitz Tele-Elmar f/4
- 135mm Leitz Hektor f/4.5
LTM – M39 Mount Lenses
- 15mm Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar f/4.5 – User Report - Here
- 28mm Voigtlander Ultron f/1.9
- 35mm Canon f/2.8
- 50mm Jupiter 3 f/1.5 – User Report - Here
- 50mm Canon f/1.4 – User Report - Here
- 50mm Nippon Kogaku NIKKOR S-C f/1.4
- 50mm Tokoyo Kogaku Topcor-s f/2
- 50mm Leitz Elmar f/3.5
- 60mm Konica Hexanon f/1.2
- 90mm Voigtlander Apo Lanthar f/3.5
- 100mm Canon f/2
- 100mm Canon f/3.5
- 135mm Arco Tokoyo Tele-Colinar f/3.8
- In addition to these I have many of the Soviet LTM lenses
- 27″ i-Mac 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 – 32GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- 14″ Macbook Air 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 – 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Reflecta Proscan 7200
- Canoscan FS4000US
- Epson V700
- Epson Stylus Photo R2880
- Lacie 1TB Rugged Mini
- Silver Efex Pro II
- VSCO FILM 01 & 02 – User Report – Here
- Aperture 3
- OnOne Perfect Photo Suite 7
- Alien Skin Exposure 4
- Photoshop CS5
- SilverFast Ai Studio 8
- WOTANCRAFT – City Explorer 002 Ranger – My Review - Here
- WOTANCRAFT – City Explorer 006 Scout
- Sekonic L358 Light Meter with RT32 CTL Radio Transmitter
- Pocketwizard PLUS III
- Leica Magnifier 1.4x
- Lowepro PixelPak V1 Memory Card Wallet
I’ve had this a while now, it’s still great on the occasion that I shoot landscapes and long exposures. I’m kind of committed to the DX format lenses so it would be a while before a new DSLR arrives. I’ve already made up my mind that it will be a Canon I buy next.
- 12-24mm AF-S NIKKOR f/4 G ED
- 18-200mm AF-S NIKKOR f/3.5-5.6 G ED
- 35mm AF-S NIKKOR f/1.8 G
- 40mm AF-S DX Micro-NIKKOR f/2.8 G
- 50mm AF NIKKOR f/1.8 D
- 70-300mm AF f/4-5.6 Tele-Macro f/2
On my mind……
- 50mm Noctilux f/0.95 – Would at least like to give it a go……
- SONY A7r
- Leica M – We’ll see……
- 50mm Summicron f/2 – Too good to ignore….
- Fuji X100 – Love this camera so much….but when you don’t get a camera out of the cupboard for two months you no longer need it!! Ultimately it could not compete with the Leica M9 for my affections…..
- 50mm Leica Summarit f/2.5 – Didn’t use it enough, I prefer faster lenses, something I’ve learnt. Competent lens, light weight so good for travel, great value for money. Had it 7 months and sold it for the same price I paid.
- 50mm SLR Magic Hyperprime f/.95 – I had this for just over a week, 2 mins of use established a huge front focus and I returned it.
- I have much more gear than you, me or anyone else actually needs, remember I am collecting as well as using this stuff!!