I was really excited to get this camera, I’m aure that in some ways I saw it as the missing link in my gear, small, light, full frame and despite what some would have you believe, even the most ardent rangefinder shooters need the luxury of autofocus and live view on occasion…… although things haven’t always gone smoothly, as you can read – HERE.
It does have many fine qualities though and for the foreseable future at least I’m commited to getting the best out of it. The Zeiss 35mm and 55mm lenses are excellent and just to be a little bit diiferent I’ve gone with the Minolta 85mm f/1.4 as a bit of an experiment.
So there you have it, that’s the camera and lenses currently in my bag.
Zeiss 35mm f/2.8 ZA
Zeiss 55mm f/1.8 ZA
Minolta 85mm f/1.4 (D) G
GARIZ – Half Case
Not cheap!! But beautifully made.
GARIZ – Wrist Strap
Prost – LM to NEX Adapter
Cheap adapter, as good as many of the more expensive options.
SONY – NP-FW50 x 2
Lowepro PixelPak V1 Memory Card Wallet
Ultima SDXC I 64GB – 45MB/s
- Lens Compatibility
- Sony E-mount lenses
- Sensor Type
- 35mm full frame (35.9×24.0mm), Exmor® CMOS sensor
- Effective Pixels
- Approx. 36.4 megapixels
- ISO Sensitivity
- Still images: ISO 100 to 25600, AUTO (ISO 100 to 6400), Movies:ISO 200 to 25600 equivalent, AUTO (ISO 200 to 6400 equivalent)
- Viewfinder Type
- 1.3 cm (0.5 type) electronic viewfinder (colour)
- Battery Life (CIPA, Still Images)
- Approx. 270 shots (Viewfinder) / approx. 340 shots (LCD monitor) (CIPA standard)
My Bag of Choice
Not only are these Wotancraft bag's stunning, they will last you many, many years.Jason Howe