Whats in my Bag

By February 9, 2012 Blog 6 Comments

• Guy says:

Always fun to see what is in another photographer’s bag. I made the mistake of rushing off to buy a Billingham bag after a friend of mine had one and seemed so happy with it. I hated the way the fasteners worked on the bag, and the bag in general, and couldn’t figure out why he liked using it. I was able to return it for an exchange (so we’ll see how I do with an A&A bag next).

Incidentally, I tried reading the Japan Camera Hunter site but I am color blind and I can’t see the red on black so my brain explodes trying to come to grips with the site. After about 30 seconds I feel like I am panicking and I have to leave.

Interesting, I’ve been looking at Billingham bags, I love the styling of them, you may have done me a favor. It’s so tricky with a new bag, in truth you just don’t know until your using it and then it’s obviously too late! I’m very happy with the Think Tank Retrospective 5, which Artisan & Artist bag do you have?

I have some color blindness between Blues/grey’s nothing like yours though, maybe Bellamy will change the color scheme of his site at some point in future, it’s worth keeping an eye on as it’s a good read and getting better all the time.

• Guy says:

Well I don’t have either bag yet .. they’re in the post. But I ordered these two GCAM-1000 http://www.popflash.com/bags/cases/straps/artisan-artist-gcam-1000-black-glove-leather-camera-bag-new/ and ACAM-1100 http://www.popflash.com/bags/cases/straps/artisan-artist-acam-1100-black-camera-bag-new/

I’ll let you know how I like them.

Bellamy sent me an email to let me know that he had forwarded my comments to his web designer. I isn’t actually realize that he has prices displayed until someone else pointed it out to me .. the red font was unreadable to me.

Please do, I’d be most interested to hear what you think of them. Thats good news if they can address the issue, I’m not big on colour, hence why my site is pretty much B&W!! Cheers Jason

• Erica says:

I have a Billingham bag and I do like the way the fasteners work, but you do have to get used to it.
    I also have Wotancraft bag and those are even better than the Billingham’s.

Hi Erica

I have a couple of Wotancraft bags now and I just can’t imagine looking at anything else. They are superb. This Think Tank Retrospective 5 still has its place though. :-)